Director of Cybersecurity
The Director of Cybersecurity is a leadership role within IT, reporting to the Chief Information Officer. The Director of Cybersecurity will lead the development, implementation, and operations of the company’s cybersecurity program. This individual will work closely with IT and other business units to ensure protection of company information assets, systems, and operational technology from internal and external threats.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of cybersecurity frameworks, risk management, and compliance requirements. The Director will manage a team of IT staff, third-party service providers and third-party consultants, as needed.
- Lead a comprehensive cybersecurity program that aligns with the company’s business objectives, IT strategy, and meets regulatory compliance requirements using a risk-based approach.
- Maintain a cybersecurity governance structure that defines roles, responsibilities, and decision-making authority for cybersecurity-related issues.
- Manage policies, procedures, and standards to protect the company’s information assets from cyber threats, including data breaches, cyber-attacks, and insider threats.
- Conduct regular risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities, threats, and implement mitigation strategies to address them.
- Ensure the company’s IT infrastructure, networks, applications, operational technology networks and ICS/SCADA systems are secure by design and adhere to cybersecurity best practices.
- Lead the incident response process to detect, contain, and mitigate cybersecurity incidents.
- Maintain effective communication with business units and all levels of company leadership to educate them on cybersecurity risks and provide guidance on best practices.
- Oversee company-wide training and education on cybersecurity risks, tactics, and threats.
- Manage the cybersecurity team and ensure they are trained and equipped to effectively execute the cybersecurity program.
- Monitor emerging threats and technologies to ensure the company’s cybersecurity program remains up-to-date and effective.
- Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, information science, computer science or related field.
- Cybersecurity-related certification such as Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP).
- Ten years of progressive leadership experience with focus on cybersecurity and infrastructure.
- Experience developing and implementing cybersecurity frameworks and governance structures within organizations operating critical infrastructure, operational technology, and industrial control systems.
- Deep understanding of risk management and compliance requirements such as NERC, CIP, ISO 27001, and NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Strong technical background in cybersecurity, including network security, endpoint protection, and cloud security.
- Experience managing incident response and recovery efforts.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with business units, IT teams and external partners.
- Comfortable under high stress, exhibiting poise and focus.
- Demonstrated project management skills to proactively plan work and team workloads.
- Ability to bring teams of diverse responsibilities and backgrounds together to identify and solve problems in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks, delegate responsibilities appropriately, and make good decisions quickly.
LOCATION: Pittsburgh Metro
Job ID# 1372082
Artemis invites you to subscribe to our free Job Alerts and “The Hunt” Blog for free insights on hiring and career development.
Artemis Referral Bonus – $1000! If you know someone for this job, please join our Referral Bonus Program.
Content Marketing Specialist
Job ID: 1451778
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Since 2009, this company has provided industry-leading solutions for marketers that rely on email and data quality to drive sales, communicatewith customers, and positively impact revenue. Their technology and world-class partner ecosystem provide sophi ....
Director of Revenue Operations
Job ID: 1438618
COMPANY OVERVIEW:The company delivers data-driven, all-in-one reputation and local SEO management solutions designed to help multi-location brands optimize online visibility, reputation, and CX strategy at scale across the globe. They are dedicated to turning casual buyers i ....
Job ID: 1344205
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Building the Web3 communications stack. This company’s product is the first Web3 native communications protocol supporting fully decentralized, private community chat. This company is launching a new product that is the next gen communications app for co ....
Customer Success Manager – PLM
Job ID: 1385669
COMPANY OVERVIEW:For forward-thinking companies that breathe life into our wardrobes, car interiors, furniture and more, this company is committed to crafting the premium technologies they desire. Facilitating the digital transformation of their industry, their technology em ....
Chief Financial Officer
Job ID: 1380289
COMPANY OVERVIEW:This is a mid-sized family-owned business with diverse interests across commercial real estate, residential real estate, hotels, restaurants, and mixed-use development sectors. With 60 years of rich history of success and a strong commitment to maintaining a ....
Director of Business Development
Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 1379535
POSITION OVERVIEW:Our client is a marketing hub that gives businesses access to all the tools they need to run and optimize their campaigns. Our client’s platform brings together multiple marketing channels to create a more efficient workflow, all while collecting campaign ....