Chief Financial Officer
This is a mid-sized family-owned business with diverse interests across commercial real estate, residential real estate, hotels, restaurants, and mixed-use development sectors. With 60 years of rich history of success and a strong commitment to maintaining a culture of excellence, we are seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join this team and help steer financial strategy and sustainable growth.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will partner with the senior leadership team to play a critical role in shaping the company’s financial future. The CFO will be responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s finance and accounting operations, including but not limited to Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury Management, Risk Management, and Tax Compliance.
A successful candidate will possess strong analytical, strategic, and negotiation skills, with experience in securing financing through loans, private placement memorandums, public finance programs such as TIF, and grants. It is important that the CFO is collaborative across all departments and endorses team building and embraces a servant leadership culture.
- Develop and implement the company’s financial strategy, ensuring alignment with short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Oversee and manage all financial aspects of the company, including budgeting, financial reporting, cash management, risk management, audit, and tax compliance.
- Establish and maintain robust financial processes and controls, ensuring the highest standards of financial integrity and regulatory compliance.
- Lead negotiations for financing, including bank loans, private placement memorandums and other forms of equity raise, public finance programs such as TIF and LERTA, and working with grants and tax credits to support the company’s growth and development objectives.
- Collaborate with senior management and ownership to develop and implement strategic business plans, including evaluating new investment opportunities.
- Serve as the key financial liaison between the company and external stakeholders, including investors, lenders, and regulatory authorities.
- Mentor and develop the finance team, ensuring a high level of performance and engagement.
- Continuously monitor and analyze the company’s financial performance, identifying trends, opportunities, and risks.
- Evaluate the financial feasibility of new projects, providing insightful recommendations to support informed decision-making.
- Implement and maintain a risk management framework, including the identification, assessment, and mitigation of financial risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field; an MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive finance and accounting experience, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Proven experience in the real estate, hotel, restaurant, or development industries.
- Demonstrated ability to secure financing through loans, private placement memorandums, public finance programs such as TIF, and grants.
- Strong financial acumen, with a solid understanding of financial planning, analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills, with a track record of developing high-performing teams.
- Proficiency in financial management software and Microsoft Office Suite and other progressive technology systems.
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
Job ID# 1380289
Artemis invites you to subscribe to our free Job Alerts and “The Hunt” Blog for free insights on hiring and career development.
Artemis Referral Bonus – $1000! If you know someone for this job, please join our Referral Bonus Program.
Content Marketing Specialist
Job ID: 1451778
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Since 2009, this company has provided industry-leading solutions for marketers that rely on email and data quality to drive sales, communicatewith customers, and positively impact revenue. Their technology and world-class partner ecosystem provide sophi ....
Director of Revenue Operations
Job ID: 1438618
COMPANY OVERVIEW:The company delivers data-driven, all-in-one reputation and local SEO management solutions designed to help multi-location brands optimize online visibility, reputation, and CX strategy at scale across the globe. They are dedicated to turning casual buyers i ....
Job ID: 1344205
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Building the Web3 communications stack. This company’s product is the first Web3 native communications protocol supporting fully decentralized, private community chat. This company is launching a new product that is the next gen communications app for co ....
Customer Success Manager – PLM
Job ID: 1385669
COMPANY OVERVIEW:For forward-thinking companies that breathe life into our wardrobes, car interiors, furniture and more, this company is committed to crafting the premium technologies they desire. Facilitating the digital transformation of their industry, their technology em ....
Director of Business Development
Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 1379535
POSITION OVERVIEW:Our client is a marketing hub that gives businesses access to all the tools they need to run and optimize their campaigns. Our client’s platform brings together multiple marketing channels to create a more efficient workflow, all while collecting campaign ....
Director of Cybersecurity
Job ID: 1372082
POSITION OVERVIEW:The Director of Cybersecurity is a leadership role within IT, reporting to the Chief Information Officer. The Director of Cybersecurity will lead the development, implementation, and operations of the company’s cybersecurity program. This individual will ....