Interviewing? Here are some great questions YOU should be asking employers.
You’re interviewing because you have to, not because you do it for a living. You want an offer, but want to make sure it’s going to be a good fit. Here are some insightful questions that will help you assess just how well you’ll fit in with a new employer and how they will assess your success upon joining.
- I’m very self-motivated. How will you measure my success in this position after one full year?
- The first 30 days are very important for me to meet as many team members as possible. How will you recommend I do that?
- What are the Top 3 skills or experiences you are looking for that may not be mentioned in the job description?
- Of all of the people who have worked for you, what are the characteristics of those who have stood out as great performers?
- I have to admit I’m a perfectionist in some areas. What are the aspects of this position that absolutely require precision and attention to detail?
- Of all of the criteria you have outlined for this position, what are the Top 3 in stack rank order?
- The position we are discussing is something I am very excited about. Can you give me feedback on how I am meeting your qualifications and if I will proceed to the next level of the hiring process? (This is called “going for the close” or “asking for the order” in sales.)